8.18.2011

big news + an engagement photo sneak peek!


Hi everyone!

Hope you're having a great week! Today there's a little bit of change happening with Dress, Design & Decor, but definitely the good kind...

Blogging for the past three years has been an awesome experience and definitely a lot of fun. I've met so many different people through blogging, a lot who are now close friends. When you tell a non-blogger that yes, you have a blog, it's hard to explain the wonderful community of so many great bloggers out there, and how we all sort of "know" each other through one blog or another. The best part though, is that i'm still coming across new-to-me blogs each day, that are filled with so much talent and creativity.

The one thing I initially loved about blogging is that it helped me focus on getting all those crazy creative thoughts in one place, rather than collaged and glued in a million sketchbooks scattered all over my room. Plus, I get to share it all with you! There's something about connecting with people who feel the exact same way you do over something like an all-white room or your fantasy of living in Paris that's just awesome. Suddenly my love for all things white isn't "crazy" afterall.

Lately though, i've been thinking about a few changes I want to make, like taking more of my own photos and sharing what's going on around me, as well as mixing in a well-being aspect that I had on a separate blog. So, i've decided to start a new blog with a new name! I'll still have interior and fashion inspiration (i'll always love all things french, lol), so no worries, but I definitely want to make my new blog a more personal space, that features thoughts and ideas which are a little more attainable and "real" (if that makes sense). The title "Dress, Design & Decor", just doesn't feel as relevant anymore, as i'd like to cover a broader range of topics, so i'm happy to change it up. Pretty excited about it in fact! All in all, it's a small change, but one i've been thinking about making for a while.

I hope everyone will embrace the change (i know switching URLs is such a pain - sorry!), and I appreciate those who stop by to read Dress, Design & Decor daily (which will remain online so you can look back whenever you want). I will try to make the switch for Google Reader subscribers easy with no effort on your part, and the same for those subscribed by email. I kindly ask those who have my blog linked on their sites to update the name and URL when you get a chance. It's much appreciated! I will be switching everything over within the next few days, so please excuse any technical mishaps.

To excitedly start things off, come on by to the new site for a sneak peek of Rick and I's engagement photos, where the full set will eventually follow, along with pics from our party! I'll also be hopefully starting a new wedding-related series each week since a lot of you have asked that I share what's inspiring me. I'm also open to any new ideas, if you'd like to leave them in the comments section on the new site.

Thanks for understanding everyone and happy blogging! (Oh and, spread the word if you can? Thanks!)

New site: daniella marie
URL: http://www.daniellamarieblog.blogspot.com

Photo: By Candice Wouters on Flickr

18 comments:

Simone said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan...am sure anything you do will be beautifully stylish, can't wait to see it :)

Tamra {walkswithBella} said...

congrats on the new site, heading over now!

Sarah Klassen said...

So excited for your new site and the wonderful content that you will showcase :)

xx, Sarah

Annie said...

Hi Daniella,

I've just recently started my own blog (sew-graceful.blogspot.com) - and your blog was one of those that really inspired me to start a blog journey of my own.

I've really enjoyed looking back over your posts, and will definitely be coming to visit the new site.

Designwali said...

great to change things up...going to check it out now

Plami said...

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see your new blog! In fact I am going to do it right away!


I am so excited to be hosting my first giveaway! Check it out here: http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-first-giveaway.html

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

amy b.s. said...

so exciting!

Lauren Christine said...

excited for you and your change! Change is always a good thing :) looking forward to your new blog!!
Golden White Décor

Kassel and Kate said...

congrats on your new site!! i think it will be wonderful and i will definitely be checking into daily! and i'm excited to see more of YOU because the photos you choose for this blog are so wonderful!! good luck and send some french wedding inspiration my way :)
-kassel

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Congrats on your new venture! I'll be following along for sure!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

I'll absolutely be following your new blog! As much as I love D,D&D, I'm excited to get more insight into your life. Congratulations! Can't wait to read more. :)

anita said...

Of course I'll be following! Headed over now.

Miz.November said...

I have to say, I saw this coming. I'm glad you have decided to do it. I absolutely love your blog and I know it will just get better and better.

classiq said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations on your new blog. I am happy to add to it my daily inspiration, Daniella. xoxo
Ada

Daniella said...

Thank you so much everyone! I'm SO relived to hear everyone is on board! Can't wait to get blogging regularly on the new one!

Thank you! :)

TheFrenchBun said...

This blog is one of the most inspiring things on blogger, but your decision to make something which will be "your own" is great! Will be following:D

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

Congrats on the new venture Daniella. I'm happy to follow your new blog, that's forsure!
Jordana

Pretty Unpretentious said...

You are so right! This community is one to brag about... I was thrilled the day I realized my obsession with white wasn't crazy!! :)

Very well put.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin